Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Part time Alternative Education Tutor
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our Alternative Education Team. This team works with a small group of 13-16 year old students whom, for various reasons, mainstream schooling has not been successful. The emphasis is on education and life skills, including developing healthy self-esteem, identifying individual and collective strengths and helping young people create pathways to a positive future.
This is a dynamic role so you will need to be organised and energetic, with the ability to build relationships with students, families, employees and providers such as government agencies and social services. This is a great opportunity to work in an energetic, fun environment to provide positive early intervention services and support for young people.
Benefits and perks:
Flexible hours and more holidays!
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to manage students in a learning environment – preference will be given to someone who has experience working with this age group.
- Have a passion to help young people to achieve academic results and improve their lives
- Be a good motivator, role model and team player
- Be flexible, with good time management skills
- Clear a Police and CYFS background check
- Holds a current full, clean NZ motor vehicle licence
Please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be great in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or would like further information about the role please call Christine on 0220106967 or Brad on 0220106977.