“Neet helped me a lot. If I hadn’t joined the programme I think I’d still be at home doing nothing. Now I’m on track to complete my pre-apprenticeship in building and moving into an apprenticeship next year.”
What is Neet?
NEET is a government-funded service for 16 or 17 year olds who are Navigating Education, Employment or Training. The more skills a young person has, the more choice they have when looking for a job. For many young people, their best option may be to stay in, or get back into education, training or work-based learning.
For Schools and training institutions:
We work alongside schools and training institutions to provide a wrap-around service for young people. Our role is to complement the student support and pastoral care provisions within schools, as well as helping young people address barriers to achieving their goals that are outside the scope of schools.
For our young people:
Bays Youth can help you achieve your goals and make good choices for your future. We can help you:
- Talk about where you are now and where you want to be
- Discover what might be stopping you succeeding at school, in training or in work-based learning
- Sort out the steps you need to take to get into education, training or work
- Build an action plan that will help you reach your goals
- Help you get back to school or to apply for training courses
- Support you in school and training
- Check your achievements
- Help you get back on track
- Be your coach or go-to person to get the most out of this service we will meet with you regularly to talk about how things are going